I you like the online game, you will also love its Collectible Cards / Role playing version, easy to learn and play and totally free! (download+print the pages out from the site)
Sottomondo Cards is all about the struggle for conquering the Kingdom, just like on the online game.
It’s a game for 2 to 6 players, it is very easy to understand and can be learnt even by young children.
During the game each player walks inside a castle haunted by monsters and he faces different events using his skills and owned items.
When a player wins a duel his Level advances by one, if he loses his Level decreases.
The player reaching the 10th level conquers the Kingdom and wins the game.
By winning two duels, you get the chance to change your player Class (which is, character type). This way you will acquire new and special character skills.
You should have downloaded, printed and cut out the card decks and possibly also the game board and the score-markers. Below you will find the links to all the resources:
- You have to create a deck with every cards except for the class deck; then you put it turned down on the gameboard in the area called “CASTLE”.(this is the castle deck)
- Put the class deck turned down on the “CLASS” area
Every player gets 4 cards from the castle deck and puts them on his “INVENTORY” area.
- Every player starts from level 1. You can use a scorecard or something like that to take note of levels.
NOTES: You can compose the castle deck as you want but you have to respect some proportional rules to maintain the right balance of the game. The ordinary composition of castle deck is:
- Monsters: 34
- Objects: max 28
- Events: min 13; max 15
- Skills: min 7; max 10
- Class: 13
In every turn, for no more than two times, each player plays these steps: 1)Pass trough 2)Strategy 3)Reaction
STEP 1 – PASS THROUGH
The player who begins get a card from the top of the castle deck then he shows that card and puts it in the middle of the gameboard.
STEP 2 – STRATEGY
- If the player finds a monster or an event card he has to react: he can play one of the cards in his inventory area putting it in the “GAME” area.
- If the player finds a skill or an object card he can put in his inventory area (if there isn’t space in the inventory you can discard a card to take the new one).The player can use immediately a skill card; an objects can be used immediately only if it’s suggested in the card description. Objects and skills can be used before a duel.
- It isn’t possible to play two cards of the same kind at the same time (you can’t play 2 weapons or 2 armors). There are some kind of cards that allow using 2 cards, for example Warriors can use 2 weapons at the same time:
- If the player finds an object he can immediately put it in the game area replacing an object of the same kind that is already in his game area.
STEP 3 – REACTION
- If the player finds a monster he has to fight
- If the player finds an event he has to read the description of the effects of the card
Reaction means to put one card from the inventory to the game area to face a duel or an event.
If the player wins or equalizes the duel he can start another round from step1. At the end the second round it begins the turn of another player.
When the player reach the level 3 he can get a card from the top of the class deck, so he changes his character whit new skill and powers. You can change your class every two levels.
The level is the strength of the character; using objects or skills player can increase their strength with the bonus of those cards. During a duel you have to compare the strength (+ bonus) of the character with the strength of the monster; the one who has the highest strength wins the duel.
If the player wins the duel he gains a level (if he wins two duels he can change the class)and he can play another round. If the player doesn’t win he loses a level (he doesn’t lose any level if he is level 1). If the strength of the fighters is the same there isn’t any consequence and the player can play another round.
STEP 0 – CLEANING
Some cards last until the end of the turn, that means that when a player finishes his last round these cards remain in the game area during the rounds of the other players until he starts a new round. Before beginning a new round a player has to discard all the cards that last one turn and consumed their effects. The player also has to control that there aren’t more than 4 cards in the inventory area.
Players can collaborate whit a player who is going to face a hard duel. In return they have to require a reward among the cards that the helped player has in his inventory or game area. The person who faces the fight is free to accept or reject the help;if he accepts he must pay for the help received.
The player who offers the collaboration can play as when he deals with a monster or an event, so he can bring into play an object or a skill (also a class skill). Although as a collaborator is not liable for the loss of anything, or get any level if they win.
The monsters, both those experienced and those in inventory can be used as companions in duel thanks to the skill card “Summoning”.
When the summoning is played on a monster just met, the monster card moves into the game area and the round proceeds as if the player equalizes the duel.
DUELS BETWEEN CHARACTERS
Some times players have to fight each other. If these happens:
- players can play an object or a skill card
- the winner gains a level, the loser decreases for a levelCLASS SKILLSSome classes of characters (Vampire, Werewolf, Craftsman, Dark Entity) are able to increase their strength for a turn playing their skill feature. This ability is activated using some energy, obtained by discarding a certain number of cards (usually two) from the inventory.
There are some rules to observe:
- players can use a class skill in addition to an object or a skill eventually played
- player can not use a class skill without discarding the necessary number of cards
- the effect of the Craftsman skill lasts just for a duel
The game ends when a player reaches level 10 without being reached by others in the same turn.
If he is reached, the fortunes of the game shall remain suspended, the player does not draw a card from the castle deck, but he begins fighting a player chosen among those at 10 who have achieved it.
Do it until the contestants are not relegated to Level 9, and there is only one winner with Level 10.